The Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva 2015 – Castello di Radda is produced in the heart of the Chianti Classico region. The vines are located 400 meters above sea level with southern and south-eastern exposure. Thus, this good exposure and the low production yields promote good ripening of the bunches. The grapes are then picked and selected by hand.
To begin with, the alcoholic fermentation takes place in 50 HL stainless steel tanks for 3 to 4 weeks. Then comes the malolactic fermentation with 20% in barrels and the rest in 30 HL stainless steel tanks. Aging then takes place with 20% in new French oak barrels and the remaining 80% in Slavonian oak barrels for 20 months. Finally, it is finally refined in the bottle for at least 9 months before being marketed.
The result is a Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva with an intense ruby color tending towards garnet.
On the nose, there are intense fragrances of the forest as well as notes of spices and vanilla.
On the palate, this wine is balanced with good length and a slight sapidity.
15 years and over.